Talent and Community Internship
Build A Climate Startup (working title) is a climate tech venture studio. We partner with entrepreneurial scientists and engineers, domain specialists and operators to build new, high-impact climate startups in deep tech and science.
Participants join as Founders-in-Residence over a 9 month period and work alongside our core team to shape their ideas into a new company.
Our Founding Partners have supported or invested in 25 companies in climate, deeptech, and beyond. We have also built companies. We believe the climate crisis is the most pressing challenge in the world, and supporting Founders is how we maximise our impact. We are building a mission-driven team in Paris, France, with a global outlook.
About The Role
We are offering a 6 month internship position to join our Talent and Community Team to help us promote the brand in relevant ecosystems and lead our scouting efforts for future founders. The role is ideal for a people person who thrives in a science and technology environment, and is deeply optimistic about our ability to turn the tide on the climate crisis.
You will work in close collaboration with our Talent and Community Manager, Partners and current Founders to target the most relevant talent hubs in France, Europe and globally, to build an engagement strategy allowing us to build a diverse pipeline of talent and recruit the brightest individuals. You will have the opportunity to work directly with inspiring Founders and get exposure to the worlds of deeptech startups, venture capital, and climate solutions.
This is a lot of ground to cover, hence your ability to learn on the job will be more important than ticking all the boxes. However, we feel that a passion for marketing within an academic or startup environment will give you a head start.
Our initial focus areas include CO2 removal and management, ocean climate solutions, computational chemistry & biology, low-carbon buildings, and hydrogen. These will evolve over time as our team uncovers new high-impact opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity to join the initial team of a brand new programme designed to have an outsized impact in the climate fight. You'll be able to get in at the ground floor as we create a new ecosystem for climate tech in Europe.
Location: Paris, France. Flexible remote working is possible, with a core presence at our office at least 2-3 days per week.
Language: English fluency is mandatory. French fluency is preferable.
Contract type: 6-12 month internship.
Compensation: €1200 monthly. Benefits across transport, lunch, and health insurance and office within an inspiring startup campus in Paris.
The main objective of this role is to successfully identify and recruit top Founders-in-Residence for our venture creation program. Candidates are typically scientists, engineers, domain specialists and operators, with Founder potential and relevant skills for a climate problem we focus on.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will vary but definitely include:
- Network engagement: You support activities that help us to create close ties with the top schools, universities, labs, corporates, professional associations and other talent hubs relevant to our focus areas.
- Talent sourcing: You will actively reach out to passive candidates through LinkedIn, ResearchGate, online communities, events, and more.
- Pipeline management: Building and maintaining a talent pipeline through inbound and outbound sourcing, you will participate in calls to introduce the programme to prospective candidates and follow-up appropriately depending on fit and timing.
- Hiring process: You will help us run an effective hiring process for Founders and our studio team. You will monitor and record KPI's across the talent process.
- Community management: Through online tools, events and content, you will support our efforts to grow a thriving climate tech community (talent, founders, experts, investors), nurturing our recruitment pipeline and helping us to build a strong brand.
- Content and PR: You will support our content strategy (articles, podcasts, newsletter) and build links with relevant publications, communities, media and events to ensure a strong coverage and promotion of our brand.
Skills & Background
While this role has many dimensions, you will spend most of your time interacting with people, institutions and networks in climate tech. There is a wide range of relevant experiences, but here are characteristics we believe are ideal for success:
- You are a pragmatic optimist. You believe in the power of science and innovation to help us build a climate-positive, regenerative and equitable global economy.
- You are currently studying, or have a passion for marketing.
- You enjoy engaging with scientists and engineers who may work in highly specialist fields, and strive to understand their work. You're comfortable with technical subjects.
- You love meeting new people and excel at managing and nurturing relationships.
- You have an awareness of or have used tools within digital marketing and social media.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator and able to produce engaging online content.
- You are a creative thinker, and you enjoy finding new routes to get the word out.
- You thrive in the creative chaos of early-stage startups. You want to get involved at the ground floor of a new project with high ambitions.
- You have an intrinsic, driving motivation to mitigate climate change.
How To Apply
Fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
We believe a diverse group of minds is key to solving the climate crisis. We strongly encourage women, people of colour and under-represented candidates to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our mission is to create a climate-positive future for all. In service of this purpose, we are building a foundation of equity and inclusivity across our company.