Programme Management Internship
Build A Climate Startup is a climate tech venture studio. We partner with entrepreneurial scientists and engineers, domain specialists and operators to build high-impact climate startups in deeptech.
Participants join as Founders-in-Residence over a 9 month period and work alongside our core team to shape their ideas into a new company.
Our Founding Partners have supported or invested in 25 companies in climate, deeptech, and beyond. We have also built companies. We believe the climate crisis is the most pressing challenge in the world, and supporting Founders is how we maximise our impact. We are building a mission-driven team in Paris, France, with a global outlook.
About The Role
We are looking for an intern to help us find raw talent and turn them into stellar deeptech teams pursuing high-impact climate opportunities. Covering operations, marketing and talent sourcing, this role is ideal for a people person who thrives in science and startup settings, and is optimistic about our collective ability to turn the tide on the climate crisis.
You will work with our Partners to promote our studio in relevant talent ecosystems, recruit bright individuals to build ambitious climate tech companies with us, and handle day-to-day programme operations. You will have the opportunity to work with inspiring Founders and get exposure to the worlds of deeptech startups, venture capital and climate solutions.
This is a lot of ground to cover, so your ability to learn on the job will be more important than ticking all the boxes. However, we feel that a passion for deeptech entrepreneurship and climate innovation will give you a head start.
This is a unique opportunity to join the initial team of a brand new programme designed to have an outsized impact in the climate fight. You'll be able to get in at the ground floor as we create a new ecosystem for climate tech in Europe.
Location: Paris, France. Flexible remote working is possible, with a core presence at our office at least 3 days per week.
Language: English fluency is mandatory. French fluency is preferable.
Contract type: 6 or 12 month internship starting September 2021.
Compensation: €1200 per month. Standard benefits for transport and lunch.
The main objectives of this role are to recruit the best Founders-in-Residence and ensure they get the most of our venture building programme. These individuals are typically scientists, engineers, domain specialists and operators, who have strong Founder potential and the right skills for a climate problem we focus on.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will vary but definitely include:
- Sourcing & outreach. You will identify top talent, including passive candidates, who have the potential to be amazing ClimateTech Founders. You will actively reach out using events and online channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, Slack, ResearchGate). You will initiate or join screening calls to assess candidate potential and interest.
- Pipeline management. You will maintain our talent pipeline and support Partners with decision on follow-up for each candidate, and reporting. You will suggest continuous improvements on our sourcing and pipeline management processes.
- Operations. You will ensure that our programme runs smoothly on a daily basis, from the onboarding of Founders-in-Residence to internal worksessions, all the way to the sourcing of co-founders, investment committee, and incorporation.
- Founder experience. You will ensure Founders have an outstanding experience during our programme. You will strive to anticipate and resolve the challenges they face while building their company from scratch.
- Marketing & community. Through events, online tools, and content, you will help us grow a thriving community of talent, founders, experts, and investors. You will help us build relationships with top universities, research labs, corporates and other talent hubs most relevant for our sourcing.
Skills & Background
While this role has many dimensions, you will spend most of your time interacting with people, institutions and networks in climate tech. There is a wide range of relevant experiences, but here are characteristics we believe are ideal for success:
- You are a pragmatic optimist. You believe in the power of science and innovation to help us build a climate-positive, regenerative and equitable global economy.
- You are studying for a technical or business degree, coupled with a passion for deeptech entrepreneurship and climate innovation.
- You enjoy engaging with scientists and engineers who may work in highly specialist fields, and strive to understand their work. You are comfortable with technical subjects.
- You love meeting new people and excel at managing and nurturing relationships.
- You are naturally at ease with social media and team collaboration tools. Ideally, you have an awareness of digital marketing tools (newsletters, events, etc).
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator, able to produce engaging online content, as well as presenting in public.
- You are a creative thinker, and you enjoy finding new routes to get the word out.
- You are self-motivated and action-oriented. You are comfortable defining your own goals and you enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. You have a natural ability to prioritise tasks and manage your time.
- You thrive in the creative chaos of early-stage startups. You want to get involved at the ground floor of a new project with high ambitions.
- You have an intrinsic, driving motivation to mitigate climate change.
How To Apply
Fill in the form below. Applications close Friday 9th July 2021.
We believe a diverse group of minds is key to solving the climate crisis. We strongly encourage women, people of colour and under-represented candidates to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our mission is to create a climate-positive future for all. In service of this purpose, we are building a foundation of equity and inclusivity across our company.